Friday, June 08, 2007

The lovely Elena from Ohio tagged me for this.

Half are "repeats":
  • My first name is typed entirely with the left hand by those who know the home row ... and I’m left-handed. Four of seven of us at home, including both parents, were southpaws. (How both my parents got through Catholic school in the 50's as lefties, I'll never know).

  • I've been a hard core, diehard Beatles fan since watching A Hard Day's Night on TV at the age of ten.

  • I taught myself to sing the first verse and chorus of the French national anthem in high school and still remember it ("Allons enfants de la Patrie ..."), long before I learned it was featured in Casablanca.

  • One of my most memorable intercollegiate competitions was taking third place in the indoor 1,000 meters (timed 3:05) to earn an East Coast Athletic Conference (ECAC) scholar-athlete award ("mens sana in corpore sano") at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD the weekend my father died of lung cancer at the age of 47.

  • I married my high school sweetheart.

  • We were paper millionaires … for a few hours … in ‘99. Wasn’t everyone?

  • My only trip overseas was two weeks in Israel. We named the answer to our Wailing Wall petition1 "Kenny".

  • I’m allergic to carrots and other raw vegetables.

1"It is also a tradition to deposit slips of paper with wishes or prayers on them in the crevices and crannies of the wall.

"Looking closely, one can see hundreds of tiny, folded papers stuffed inside every space that will hold them."
- Western Wall - Wiki

No comments: