Monday, September 10, 2007

Kitchen, before and (not quite) after.


If I'd waited 'til morning to take the picture, I would have gotten more light.

Countertop to be installed next Tuesday. Appliances are already on site.

We need to get lighting and some furniture, you know: tables, chairs, counter stools. Oh, and tile backsplash - I meet with the designer at "the tile place" in the morning. And one of these days, Gruber will come back and finish the floors.

Don't even talk to me about window treatments! Jeff wants to leave the windows as they are. That's a tempting thought. The housekeeper thinks that's a good idea! The question on my mind is whether it will be ready for Thanksgiving!

Anyway, they painted today and return tomorrow to do the trim.

More color pictures at flickr. Color's a nice thing. Jeff teases I can get by with sheetrock on the walls and plywood on the floor - and he's probably right - but it's nice to be flirting with civilization again.

No comments: