Saturday, September 22, 2007

Most of my hits are for Amanda Mabon.

Some of her race results are online.

The Batavia Steeplechase/Pentathlon/Racewalk Invitational last spring:

Girls - 1200m Developmental Steeplechase

1 Kaycee Ratcliffe Penfield 5:00.9
2 Sydney Anderson 5:06.4
3 Tara Murphy Wilson 5:07.0
4 Doriegn Broady Wilson 5:08.2
5 Kara Engle Hilton 5:11.4
6 Becca List Hilton 5:11.8
7 Devon Kleinback Batavia 5:13.0
8 Natalie Wall Hilton 5:23.1
9 Erin Norris Hilton 5:24.7
10 Sydney Abbate Hilton 5:26.9
11 Amanda Mabon OACS 5:30.6

I don't know what a good time for a 1200 steeplechase would be. I guess she ran a 7:20 mile pace for three laps. How many hurdles, a water hazard? I don't know.

The same invitational:

Girls - Mile Racewalk

1 Olivia Lapham Penfield 8:18.8
2 Melissa Szymanowski WSW 9:04.4
3 Emily Davis Batavia 9:12.0
4 Devon Kleinbach Batavia 9:23.7
5 Amanda Mabon OACS 9:35.0

RIT Invitational from the previous spring:

Women 55 M Dash

37 Amanda Mabon Oakfield 9.20

and DQ'd in the 600 m.

Requiem in pace, Amanda.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Teresa's Two Cent,
My name is Charlene Mabon, my friend call me Charlie. Amanda Mabon is my beloved daughter. I googled her name and your website came up. I would love to talk with you about Amanda sometime. I was very impressed with your website. I wanted to know how you first learned of Amanda's accident...I believe you live in NJ. I would also like to know how you located her track records you posted on 9/22...the day after her 18th birthday. Please email me at fabtech95@yahoo.com. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
A heartbroken mom, Charlie

Moonshadow said...

I first learned of her accident in late August via a posting on the OACS Alumni bulletin board from Michelle Starkweather ('86), a classmate of mine.

After my first post on her, I noticed that many searches brought readers to my site, so I researched her more online and turned up the Batavia Invitational and the RIT Invitational results. Since I used to run track myself, her results interested me as they are rather respectable times for "a soccer player". It is purely coincidence that I posted a day after her birthday as I wasn't aware of that.

If you want me to remove the posts, I will but I haven't posted anything that can't be found elsewhere online, as the links in the original postings demonstrate.