Saturday, September 29, 2007

She'd gotten it from the library, that's some consolation. She didn't pay good money for it ... 'though the public library did!

She admitted being hooked on those Left Behind novels. I snooped, leaving her tip as she washed her next cut. I placed the money under the book so I could glimpse the spine. Glorious Appearing! She's gone from Dan Brown to this; it's a slippery slope.

There but by the grace of God ...

I chided her too playfully: "How can you read that?!"

"I can't put it down! It's about the end of the world when Christ returns!"

The man in her chair had some affliation with RBC; I thought I had in him an ally. He was as ineffective as I at reforming her.

She's not likely to take me seriously, certainly not when I confessed that I have his reference books. Not his fiction ... well, but I know that his reference books are also fiction.

tags technorati :

No comments: