Friday, March 28, 2008

Last night, another parent mentioned Bush's visit to Freehold today.

"President Bush visits Freehold Township" - Asbury Park Press, 3/28/08:
The visit is Bush's first to Monmouth County since he has been president. And it comes as local business owners and consumers are wary that the slowing economy could fall into a recession.
He said Bush will be right across the street from his office.

I could have found a reason to drive through Freehold today on my way to Delicious Orchards in Colts Neck but I decided I was too tired.

It would be nice to, after the kids get out of school, take them by there but, of course, there's no hope of even catching a glimpse. Which, I suppose, is how it is, ironically, in a free society.

But, if Kenny could catch a peek, he would be absolutely thrilled, I'm sure. So thrilled, in fact, that I shouldn't even tell him that the President is so close because he'd regret not trying to get a view.

tags technorati :

No comments: