Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Waiting for the Catholic Carnival to get posted, I was checking out the host blog, Aggie Catholics - aka "Mary's Aggies" which seems to be the blog of the Catholic Campus Ministry at Texas A&M.

I wasn't sure, as I watched the video associated with this post, what precisely piqued me but I found the video to be obnoxious, somehow.

Not the message, per se. So, the delivery ... It's smugness? Sure, like pride, smug people can't bear the smugness of others. And Christians are nothing, if not smug.

But, ironically, it's the ungracefulness - yeah, you heard right! - of the production, the setting, the actors, the dialogue, the props. Campus ministry production? Oh, but it isn't.

The literal application of Daniel 5:27 to Judgment annoys me:
Tekel, you have been weighed in the balances and found wanting.
In that story, King Belshazzar was killed after he was found wanting ... and because of it. So, there's a sequence problem with the application to Final Judgment.

cf. Matthew 7:2 - For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

No comments: