Thursday, August 16, 2007

The dropped header in our kitchen was lurking inside a soffit. Now it's exposed and needs disguising.

I've always been fond of the classic leaves and grapes, a la Bacchus/Dionysus.

It's a common kitchen motif but Jeff said I'd never find it in a frieze.

Well, he's right - I didn't. The designer did.

I called down to Arkansas and got the name of a dealer right down the street, at Millhurst Mills.

When I picked up the Benjamin Moore paint samples at Millhurst Mills weeks ago, I saw their wide selection of moldings. I knew in my heart of hearts that I would find a frieze there ... rather than at Home Depot.

And that's what happened, in a roundabout way. It's the color of maple sugar candy ... I almost hate to paint it!

Now the decisions are just beginning ...

tags technorati :

No comments: