Monday, August 27, 2007

My, uh, my nephew has gotten himself engaged. He's the eldest of his generation and the first to do so.

They, eh, they met online. How do I know this? It's posted online, how they met ... is posted online. At weddingchannel.com.

Their engagement announcement included the URL to their "Wedding Website" because their gift registry information is there, along with a link to RSVP, sign a guest book, book hotel reservations, learn who's who in the wedding party, and read how they met ... from her and his point of view.

Basically, he got no hits at eHarmony and started scouting profile pix on Myspace. A few minutes of IMing her and got his first date.

Googling her name turns up a second-generation, family accounting practice, and the bride is a newly-minted CPA!

That explains their honeymoon in Hawaii.

I "broke in" my updated Macy's card on their wedding gift, one of those KitchenAid Artisan Mixers; it was on-sale, $100 off.

"Why?" Jeff asked.

"Because I love mine so much," I answered.

No comments: