Friday, August 31, 2007

Sad news in this week's letter, another teen dies behind the wheel ...

"Teen dies after crash in Bergen" - Democrat & Chronicle, 8/31/07:
A Genesee County teenager has died after a one-car crash Wednesday morning in Bergen. Amanda Mabon, 17, of Oakfield, died Thursday afternoon at Strong Memorial Hospital, sheriff's deputies said.

Deputies said Mabon was driving south on West Bergen Road about 11:30 a.m. when her car crossed the center line and struck a tree.
Earlier reports give the street address of the accident as "7311 West Bergen Road". The high school is at 6917 West Bergen Road.

The teen was a member of Oakfield's soccer team. Her team had a game the next evening at Bergen, and the teen was driving near B-B's school.

UPDATE: visiting boyfriend's house, less than three miles away.

"Teen dies after car accident", WHEC-TV (Rochester).

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Wow! I can't believe it has been over a monh since my amazing friend Mandy passed away. It seems like yesterday we were talking and laughing about stupid teenage things and now all that has changed. She was an amazing girl that has touched the lives on hundreds of people throughout the community and I know that she is loved and will be missed by many people.

Moonshadow said...

I didn't know her ... I respect her track times.

But it's almost a rite of passage to endure a tragedy of this caliber during those vulnerable school years.

Pretty much all of us can point back to something like this from that time.

For that reason I can't dismiss this story.

Unknown said...

Amanda was my aunt and died 7 months before I was born so sadly I never got to meet her. My family, I are devastated and we will never be the same! :(