Saturday, August 25, 2007

I've said before: On Saturday, the XBox comes out to play.

I like the Avatar: the Last Airbender1 game because it's quiet ... very, very quiet. :-) The boys can play that game all day as far as I'm concerned.

But the Cars game is cute and there's no fighting. You know, even Avatar has some one-on-one duels. But Cars has music and the boys "play it loud". One of the songs is Free Ride.

We were driving to Garden State Tile on Thursday to pick up some 12 X 12 - that's a whole 'nother story! - and the CD changer went "deep" switching all the way to Disk 5. Neither Chris nor Tim like me listening to the radio or my CDs; they yell at me until I turn it off. But Kenny was raised right: from a young age I had him groovin' to rock-n-roll ("Splish Splash," "Wake Up, Little Suzy," "Hot Rod Lincoln," "Poison Ivy," "Bye Bye Love" - I prefer S&G's version!)

Chris recognized "Free Ride" in just a few chords and was so excited. He asked me to repeat-play it a few times and I obliged. I don't know what I did wrong with Timmy and Chris - they aren't particularly into music. But Kenny especially likes Rush songs ... from the opening bars, he's like, "YES! I LOVE this song!" On Disk 5, most are taken from Grace Under Pressure - I don't know why. Maybe I like that album the best (not a favorite with the critics) because that was the first tour I saw; IOW, it was released just as I started listening to them, my first full exposure.

But, I have to get the other two into popular music somehow. I hope it isn't too late.

1 Not to be confused with James Cameron's forthcoming film, simply called Avatar.

No comments: