Thursday, May 25, 2006

Michele gave me this idea and at first I didn't think that I had any interesting milestones.

Then I read what some other women had written (see Michele's blog) and I became convinced that I don't have any interesting milestones! Fortunately, facts like that have never stopped me from putting in my "two cents' worth":

20 years ago, I graduated from high school.

10 years ago, I made my first and only visit to New Orleans during Lent.

7 years ago, I prepared for a two-week tour of the Holy Land.

5 years ago, I was at home for most of the year with my first child until the fall when I returned to work full-time.

3 years ago, I fell down the stairs while carrying my eldest, then almost three, and broke his fall along with my rib. It was two weeks before I acknowledged that the pain was severe enough to visit a doctor and have an x-ray. And the rib healed in three months. What's that about things happening "in threes"?!

1 year ago, I was scrambling to have my husband's Father's Day gift, a 200 sq. foot shed, completed in the backyard.

So far this year I have talked with four general contractors about our 1,000 sq. foot home addition.

Yesterday, I took my husband's car in for service and detailing.

Today, I finished a Precepts Bible Study on Revelation

Tomorrow, I will do as little as possible.

In the next year, I hope to have a new baby.

In the next minute, I will read some more blogs.

No comments: