Friday, May 12, 2006

You scored as NASB - New American Standard Bible.

NASB was my first Bible. I bought the wrong version!

I knew our Bible had the words "new" and "American" in the title but I got slipped up on "standard". I wasn't shopping at a Catholic bookstore and didn't even know there were such distinctions.

So, my memory verses are all from the NASB: Romans 12 (the whole chapter), Is. 55:11, John 3:16 und so weiter.

NWT is the JW translation ... I've never even seen a copy. We use CEV with children, no idea why. NRSV has inclusive language that ESV seeks to undo. NRSV also has the inclusive canon, so we use it.

As I was taking this test, I was muttering, "I'm gonna come up King James ... I'm gonna come up King James." NASB is close enough!

NASB - New American Standard Bible

95%

NWT - New World Translation

70%

CEV - Contemporary English Version

40%

NRSV - New Revised Standard Version

40%

KJV - King James Version

20%

What version of the Bible are you?
via Fick&Oz Show

No comments: