Wednesday, May 03, 2006


Since the Bible studies are winding down for the year, it was suggested that the members pitch in items towards a themed basket for a silent auction to raise money for missions activity in Mexico this summer.

Now, I'm not a member of this particular church which hosts the Bible study and, this year more than ever, the chasm between our respective theological perspectives was made abundantly evident to me. And, to Mexico, of all places! I mean, Our Lady of Guadeloupe and everything! How could I support this?!

The follow-up email from the lady who suggested the project explained some details of the trip: teenagers from the church to Tijuana to build houses for people living in a landfill.

Um, ok, how could I NOT support this?! And let the chips fall where they may?

Señor mío Jesucristo, Dios y Hombre verdadero, Creador y Redentor mío, por ser vos quien sois, y porque os amo sobre todas las cosas, me pesa de todo corazón haberos ofendido. Propongo enmendarme y confesarme a su tiempo y ofrezco cuanto hiciere en satisfacción de mis pecados, y confío en vuestra bondad y misericordia infinita, que me perdonéis y me des gracia para nunca mas pecar. Así lo espero por intercesión de mi Madre, nuestra Señora la Virgen de Guadalupe. Amén.

No comments: