Friday, June 16, 2006

Chris at "Calling Rome Home" is reporting U.S. bishops approve new Mass translation via AP.

Here's the fuller AP story.

I believe the story but can't find it via Catholic News Service.
Thomas Reese ... said the new Mass would "cause chaos and real problems and the people who are going to be at the brunt end of it are the poor priests in the parishes."

A proposal to change the words of the Nicene Creed from "one in being" to "consubstantial," which is closer to the Latin, failed.

I suppose CNS will get a story out soon, maybe after the conference wraps up tomorrow.

tags technorati :

1 comment:

Moonshadow said...

OK, Catholic News Service got their version of the story out.

TTTT, I suspect that the wee Daughters of St. Paul are behind all these textual changes.

They want me to buy new versions of their missals again!

I just bought new versions not too long ago ... four years? ... because of the Scripture changes.

I wish they'd bake bread instead.