Saturday, June 24, 2006

CLICK HERE - Map of HERSHEY PARK - CLICK HERE



I don't like to think of myself as a fair-weather Christian.

I'm no Jean of Arc, either. But, I could have used an ark tonight because it was raining cats & dogs.

Logistics necessitated that I attend church this evening instead of tomorrow morning because of Kenny's orientation at camp. It had been raining for only an hour but the entire stretch of Sweetmans Lane between town and church was almost completely flooded.

I really didn't think that I was going to make it home.

A missionary was supposed to speak to us this evening but she arrived late. And, so, Father didn't have a homily prepared. Kinda funny. But he's never at a loss for words and managed to say a thing or two about the readings and about the work of the Medical Missionaries of Mary.

When Sister finally arrived, she addressed us after Communion and, thankfully kept her comments brief since the collection had already been taken up. She is a nurse and midwife and works in Ethiopia. Since the weather kept most people at home, I doubt she collected very much this evening. But, hopefully tomorrow morning will be better for her.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Well, you are enough New Jersey to know "New Jersey + You = Perfect Together!"

Thanks for visiting my blog. I just dropped by yours and see it provides quite a lot to think about. Please visit again!