Friday, June 02, 2006

This sums it up: Buffalo Curse Lives On

'though I think that Carolina played very well in the final minutes.

Jeff suggested that whoever wins the Eastern Conference would win the Stanley Cup because the team from the Western Conference is weak. So, there was some reason to hope.

But, the games I watch, they lose. It's hard not to be superstitious about it. My father was always that way about the Bills. And Jeff is that way about the Yankees sometimes. And the Bills.

Now, last night, I was flipping through the TiVo cable guide to find the game on TV and Jeff was at the downstairs computer checking the score online.

He shouted out to me, "It's tied, 2-2, in the third!" just as I clicked to the proper channel. They were showing the replay of Brind'Amour's score to break the tie!

Then I finished up making dinner in the kitchen and returned to the couch with my full plate in time to see the final goal with less than a minute to go. Fortunately I didn't lose my appetite. Hard-core Buffalo fan here -- I've seen it all.

Hey, ya know, we're gonna win that Cup. We're gonna win that Stanley Cup. Me and my Buffalo Sabres.

No comments: