Sunday, October 15, 2006

"Catholic filmmaker finds suspicion about her faith among evangelicals" - CNS, 10/11/06
she found some hostility about her religious faith during the making of the film from an unexpected source: a high-profile evangelical minister.

"For him to joke like that, I was pretty alarmed."

Ewing said she was also disturbed by the comic-book tracts published by Jack Chick Publications

"There were like 30 of them that described the pope as the anti-Christ," she said. "I was struck by that.
This lady ought to get out more.

I cringe whenever I come across Haggard's name in my monthly Christianity Today magazine.

And just on Thursday morning, it was suggested yet again by the lay leader of the study that the Pope could be the anti-Christ. I'm all agog. (I didn't say "magog")

When she said it, I was too busy undog-earing pages to reply but I ought to send her what Boring says on it1.

Anyway, sounds as if Ms. Ewing didn't know whom she was dealing with in Haggard and, likewise, he didn't know her and her crew.

1 "Although widely held by Protestant interpreters after the Reformation and into the twentieth century, no critical New Testament scholar today advocates this [historicist] view." -- Eugene Boring in his volume on Revelation in the Interpretation series (WJKP), regarding the Beast.

No comments: