Saturday, October 14, 2006

"Surprise storm leaves WNY reeling" - Buffalo News, 10/14/06.

Can't say that I ever remember trick-or-treating in snow!
390,000 homes lost electricity
Do that many people live in WNY?!
"I knew it snowed a lot in Buffalo, but I wouldn't have dreamed something like this could happen in the middle of October," said Charles Wagner, a Chicago businessman waiting for a flight home from his first ever trip to Buffalo.

"Will I come back?" Wagner asked. "Not anytime soon, and only in the summer."
"Record snowstorm blankets Buffalo area" - CNN, 10/13/06
On Thursday, 8.6 inches of snow fell -- the snowiest October day in Buffalo in the 137-year history of the weather service.

The record lasted for all of one day, as a foot of snow fell early Friday. The old record was 6 inches, set on October 31, 1917.
Mikki dear, did you get out? I hope so. I hope that you're in sunny Vegas by now!

No comments: