Sunday, October 22, 2006

A graduate of my high school posted her experience of the October snow at our alumni web site:
"after a few minutes snowballs were flying. My heart melted. Is there anything more precious for a mommy to see than her three year old getting whacked with a snowball by his father?

after awhile the driveway was cleared of tree limbs, but the snow blower blew apart in 3 different places after about 5 feet of snow blowing. Of course, that didn't matter so much, because two trees had fallen across the road, one on either side of the driveway. We weren't going anywhere.

I almost cried with delight when our power came back on, 10 hours short of an entire week without electricity.

God is good. We gave up a few creature comforts but rediscovered the many blessings we usually take for granted. And I can never be thankful enough for all of those blessings. Praise Him!"
Her conclusion lets on how religious we all are up there.

Here's my original posting on the snow storm. And, yes, my friend Michelle did get out to Vegas before the storm! Sorry to see her go but happy that she won't suffer another cold winter in Upstate NY.

Reminded me of the week we went without water.

No comments: