Monday, October 23, 2006

"Jury selection to begin in Seton Hall fire trial" - Asbury Park Press, 10/23/06

The mother of one of the students was my department head's secretary when I worked in the Holmdel building. The family attended St. Jerome's, my "sometimes" church for holy hours and Friday stations.

Of course my Baptist friend and coworker thought this all reflected poorly on a Catholic institution especially when I told him that dorm students learn to ignore fire alarms. He commuted and never lived in the dorms. He thought it incredible that residents would hesitate to leave a cozy dorm bed in the middle of January. I'm not saying that happened in this case, although early reports suggested that some students failed to evacuate promptly.

I just remember from my own experience that I rarely rushed outside in the middle of the night, in the middle of January, in the middle of Amherst.

No comments: