Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I handed her one whose ribbon marked the chapter but ... it didnt.

She flipped open to Haggai ... and the end of Zephaniah. Oops, hangover from the weekend!

I quickly thumbed back to Daniel for her, muttering the still mystifying fact that it's sandwiched after the major prophets and before the Twelve.

She volunteered to begin reading aloud and I spied her finger poised just above 2:1 in the footnotes! I corrected her.

OK, a Bible page can be puzzling, what with the footnotes and the cross references. But, come on! This isn't a page from the Talmud or anything! How little experience has she that she can't distinguish the inspired text from a scholar's footnote!

She said something valiant like, "Oh, don't help me, I need to find these things myself."

So, yeah, anyway, she was on her own for all the New Testament verses we referenced. Though when we were about to look up a big set of 'em, she conveniently went to the john.

No comments: