Monday, October 13, 2008

Unusual story ...

Life after the decision to die - Examiner, 10/9/08:
Erving didn't know where the organs came from until he turned on the evening news.

Jason Ray, 21, of Concord, N.C., was struck by a vehicle on Route 4 in Fort Lee March 23, 2007, while returning to the Fort Lee Hilton from a gas station

The donations went to 140 people and saved four New Jersey men's lives,

As a result of Ray's generosity, Erving lives.

"This really changed my life," he said. "I'm not tied down to dialysis. I can do what I want. I can go on vacation."

Erving now regularly helps a friend with his business and attends NASCAR and New Egypt Speedway events. He also built the shed he lives in behind his family's house in Millstone.

In helping more people realize the benefits of organ donations, Erving partnered with Vesuvio Pizza in Millstone to create bumper stickers.

No comments: