Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The annual SBL conference is done. Jim said, via an email, the days there were "enjoyable." michele posted a link to a GNT reading guide for 2009 which I'd like to make my New Year's resolution, an impossible one.

I have the Readers GNT that was reverse-translated from the NIV (and the TNIV? I need to look again at the introduction for the second edition). I wonder whether I should get the Readers UBS GNT that Lee's reading guide (and notes) uses. I just wish they'd settle on a text basis for the GNT!

And, at Singing In the Reign, I read that Pablo Gadenz was at SBL with those bloggers. I remember reading in the diocesan newspaper that Gadenz had finished his studies.1 Well, shoot, he and I attended the same parish in Eatontown during the early 90's. His father and I worked for the same company, but not the same department, etc.

I can say only good things about him and his family: wicked-smart people, disarmingly kind, fervent believers and faithful Catholics. But then, so was everyone at that parish. It was a great place for me to spend ten years.

It seems to me I once had a link to his dissertation ...

1 "in June 2008 defended his doctoral dissertation on Rom 9-11 at the Pontifical Gregorian University."

No comments: