Sunday, November 16, 2008

"In truth, had I known while writing the original bulletin that my words would be read beyond my parish, I would have given much greater care to my formulation of the problem posed by voting for a pro-abortion politician.

These columns are written every week for our little bulletin and are almost always written in haste against the deadline of getting the pages printed at the end of a busy week. Last week’s column was no exception to this rule and was not meant to be a careful or systematic treatment of even one part of a complex issue."


- Father Jay Scott Newman of St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Greenville, South Carolina
Well, my parish priest writes a weekly note in the bulletin too ... and it isn't nearly ever as well-put as this. I hope his parishioners know how blessed they are.

It was probably wrong for the Greenville paper to pick it up ... obviously desperate for a story.

via First Things

No comments: