Monday, November 17, 2008

As I was without Christopher and his 9:15 preschool start time this morning, I was able to visit my parish for the daily.

I do enjoy the readings at the end of the church year, I've said before, and I was pleased that, after all this study, the opening of Revelation sounded so familiar, 'though the lector, Jean, couldn't pronounce Ephesus. A small matter, as even without my missal - as if Ella allowed me a free hand! - I knew the text well enough.

I was delighted, as the priest prepared the altar, for Ella to call out in the midst of the liturgical silence "CUP!" with her cute, feminine, two-year-old's voice. That's right, "cup." I'm trying to get her to recognize the image of Jesus on the cross; I use my holy cards like flash cards with her at times. Perhaps we were seated back too far from the front for her to see the apse.

I was relieved to see another baby there today, however that baby was young enough to keep quiet. Mine kept calling things out, things unrelated to the proceedings. And, for that reason, even without Christopher's preschool start time, we can't be too regular.

No comments: