Thursday, November 20, 2008

I was supposed to go out tonight to my usual every other Thursday thing but Jeff forgot to come home on time. Because it was last week too. We doubled up this week because of Thanksgiving next week. We might meet on Ascension Thursday, All Saints or Immaculate Conception1 but never on Holy Thursday or Thanksgiving.

I gave three explicit reminders during the week, including this morning when Jeff said he couldn't drop Christopher at school for me. I said that was ok as long as he came home in time for me to go out in the evening.

As I plan to do a number of Advent things, including one of Wednesday evenings, he'll make it up to me. Since Advent is shorter than Lent ... it's less of a commitment for me.

So, to console myself since all my housework was done and caught up, I plopped down on the couch to watch some TV. And came across Clerks. Well, I needed a laugh so ok. 'Though I happened to pick up the film at nearly the beginning which has some pretty stilted dialogue to the degree that I began to suspect Randal was reading it off the newspaper he was holding. I can't find that clip at YouTube 'though other scenes are there. And I noticed he was wearing an AT&T logo'd shirt. I remember he worked in the mailroom of Holmdel; saw him a couple of times pushing the mail cart around the building just after the movie played in Red Bank.

But, I had to stop watching eventually. Not because of the rough language but because I identified with Dante too much: I'm not even supposed to BE here!

No comments: