Monday, November 17, 2008

"Lost" Beatle track could finally be heard - CNN, 11/16/08:
Almost everything recorded by the Beatles from their early days in Liverpool and Hamburg to their break-up in 1970 has been released to meet insatiable public appetite for anything to do with the legendary Liverpool quartet.

In the 40 years since its recording, "Carnival of Light" has acquired near mythical status among Beatles fans
Not sure I've ever heard of it, but I'm starting to forget things that I used to know about the Beatles. Not available in time for Christmas this year, I'd say.

There's was some Beatles trivia that came up recently ... I can't remember what it was or if I knew it.

Then there was another instance of trivia, related to learning that Sarah Palin's birthday is 2/11/64 ... this sounded to me like a significant date in Beatles' history ... and it is, their first live US performance ... though I thought it was their appearance on Ed Sullivan.

I'll have to ask Jeff what that other thing was, the thing I've forgotten. I just vaguely remember him chiding me about not being a "true Beatles fan" who would know such stuff. Oh, I've a modest knowledge of the band, nothing more.

No comments: