Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Well, yeah, so since I uploaded photos from the trip at Flickr, uh, obviously they made it home last night eventually. I don't have any idea what time, but maybe almost 2AM.

The evening flight was delayed an hour and then Jeff discovered a flat tire, along with a flat spare. A couple of weeks ago I renewed his lapsed AAA membership so after onsite security couldn't inflate the flat sufficiently, Jeff was able to contact roadside assistance for more air.

It was wicked-cold last night, 29 degrees, and I couldn't imagine them out there waiting for help. Much less could I imagine me rousing the kids out of deep sleep at 11:30 to trek up there and fetch them. So I'm glad they made it home. Of course, by the time they hit the highway, the car lanes of the Turnpike were closed.

Jeff said driving 45 mph on a spare in the truck lanes after midnight is a harrowing experience. I'm not sure whether the TA closes car lanes as a matter of course or due to ongoing roadwork.

All this just reminds me that I need to put blankets in the car again for winter driving.

Judging from the pictures, it looked like a good time.

No comments: