Sunday, January 27, 2008

The subject of Jeff Cavins' bible study series came up last week ... and the comments were unfavorable. Specifically, the consensus was that too much time was devoted to the protoevangelium in Genesis 3:15, a dubious interpretation to begin with, and that the inclusion of a clip from Gibson's TPOTC, the crushing of the serpent's head in the garden, is too apocryphal to be of any value.

When I google "Great Adventure Trenton," I get Six Flags. Someone in the diocese is doing it. I couldn't do a bible study whose title (and graphics) are straight out of VBS. Could you? It probably works for some people.

What I've been checking in on is their Holy Land trip. It's strange to see winter coats ... and evidence of rain! But they still dipped in the Dead Sea. Their group is much larger than what we had, and it seems to be a deluxe tour. But the sequence is typical.

I'll follow along ... and long.

No comments: