Wednesday, January 09, 2008

This, her first meal of mac&cheese, progressed so quickly, from bites of half a noodle, to full noodle, to several noodles, to self-feeding! All in, like, less than 20 minutes. I was blown away. I think the noodles on her shoulder are especially adorable.

No, no, she's not a lefty because she's actually eating with her right hand, picking up noodles. That's why there's so many noodles on her right shoulder.

Her one-year check-up was fine. 50th percentile on weight which is about as good as can be expected. The nurse weighed her fully clothed and I almost protested. But I recognize now that, compared with procedures at CHOP (for instance), the pediatrician's techniques are so crude that I've stopped expecting accurate readings!

I'm working on getting her to stand, supported. She needs incentive, naturally. She's interested but she also thinks it's silly. I mean, she's self-conscious about standing.

No comments: