Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Water leaks from the LG washing machine intermittently.

A weekend ago, I ran five full cycles in succession without any puddles. Wednesday evening, the first load leaked, the most I've ever seen, including suds. I showed Jeff when he came home. I couldn't bring myself to run any more regular cycles, regardless of how necessary, without knowing how much water would end up on the floor.

I called LG's 24 X 7 Customer Service then and there and the tech talked me through some troubleshooting over the phone. She tried to tell me the water was leaking out the casket of the front-loading washer. I said, "That's not true because it's flowing forward from underneath."

"Oh, the floor pitches? The machines must be level to work properly."

"It's a new room, so it can't slope much. Just enough for the water to flow out from under the washer ..." Would you rather see the water than have it sitting under the machine undetected?

I wrapped up the call rather than interrupt Jeff's dinner for a level. But he produced one and, of course, the equipment is level.

Yet, it was impossible for me to call back because she obviously had no interest in sending out a repair person. She told me so over the phone, "We don't want to send someone out unnecessarily."

So again, I left Jeff with a water problem on a Saturday morning!

He's the kind that has to see things for himself. He can't take my word for it. Technical people are like that, because I could be doing any number of things wrong. Even though I've used these machines at least daily since early October. He just doesn't know until he tries it. I left him plenty of dirty clothes to work with!

So, the first load leaked on him. He moved the washer out from the wall. He emptied something with a hose and ran a tub clean cycle. Neither procedure should have made any improvement in his opinion. Yet, nothing has leaked since.

Still, I think I want to get somebody out here. I just need to come up with a good symptom that will do it.

No comments: