Monday, January 28, 2008

There are lots of these available, of course, but we've used this simple one for several months. Our old setup got swept away with the wooden deck out back a year ago.

The kids tinker with it sometimes, even though they aren't supposed to. Yesterday, during a lull in the goings-on, I noticed the time was four hours behind. Not being sure whether the unit's time would be updated automatically, I set the time manually. Only to discover five minutes later that the clock was again four hours behind. Great for my brother in San Diego, not so great for us.

So, I flipped through the settings quickly to get to the time zone feature and selected '+5' instead of '-5' and so I was into the next day and whatever.

I had to leave it and wait for Jeff to straighten me out.

But indispensable for dressing the kids appropriately for the drive to school.

No comments: