Wednesday, November 28, 2007

According to the parish bulletin, the diocese is set to begin its annual evangelization training again in January. Fr. Mike has offered to pay the program's expense for anyone who wants to participate and serve in the parish on an evangelization team.

I completed that training in 2006. I was on a parish evangelization team more than ten years ago for a couple of years. Most of the parishes in the diocese have abandoned their evangelization teams. The one I was on never did anything except attend training sessions and conduct a parish census. We never went door-to-door. In fact, I've only ever done that once, in Philadelphia. I liked it.

I wonder what Fr. Mike sees the evangelization team doing.

It'd be nice if he saw them actually evangelizing, instead of welcoming, visiting, serving. I guess "evangelizing" is too nebulous a concept for many, especially Catholics. It's much easier for Catholics to welcome, visit and serve ... than to turn somebody on to Jesus.

tags technorati :

No comments: