Monday, November 05, 2007

The kids took turns with the GPS ... as we drove home from the doctor's office after their flu shots one recent evening.

It was already dark and, therefore, they used the screen to detect what was nearby ... what can't be seen in the dark ... what's seen only on the lighted screen in their hands.

"Here's a restaurant coming up on the left!"

"We'll be crossing a river very soon!"

"Oh, there's a huge lake way over there!"


Kenny fumbled upon the small collection of MP3s on the disk. At random, he started playing Cat Stevens' cover of the Sam Cooke classic, "Another Saturday Night." Both versions are really groovy. I can't say which one I like better.

And I recalled another cover by Stevens that we used to sing on retreat, "Morning Has Broken,". That was my [somewhat incomplete] introduction to Cat Stevens, all hush-hush.

But now I see that's the range possible in one person, in every person.

Don't miss this one.

tags technorati :

No comments: