Monday, November 12, 2007

Bleck, my Facebook profile.

The high school alumni website is moving to Facebook. Facebook offers users many helps. The need to spell anything doesn't exist at Facebook. Every Facebook form uses drop-downs. I embraced and feared the coddling.

I joined the groups. Yes, the alumni groups. I'm, like, the only member without a future "Class of" year.

Profile pictures of other group members disturb me. These folks graduated the same h.s.?! I stopped browsing profiles out of concern I'd see something inappropriate. Not a few feature dark glass bottles or shiny aluminum cans.

The picture above is me, taken perhaps when I still had a future "Class of" year?

Well, no.

It was captured with Jeff's Logitech digital camera (Fotoman Pixtura, seen here, scroll down) in the mid-90's. Postgrad. Jeff tells me now that he thinks we were at a gas station, probably traveling to Florida in the "Go-Kart", his affectionate nickname for my first car.

It has a young, raunchy, "just starting out" innocence, so I went with it.

No comments: