Friday, November 23, 2007

I'd like to get into the liturgical music discussion that's now ... or rather has been ... in progress ... but, alas, I've arrived too late.

That is to say, I can't come up to speed quickly enough to contribute anything to the discussion besides statements on my personal aesthetics ... themselves broad or, better said, not especially discerning.

I like just about anything where music is concerned!

But this Commonweal article caught my eye, particularly one comment thread offered in lighthearted jest.

Even an extremely serious, vital, sacred topic as liturgical music has its softer side:
I think I may agree with the Pope on this one.

After all, if I am not mistaken, we both seek to "see God more clearly, love God more dearly, and follow God more nearly, day by day."
- Joe Pettit

No comments: