Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I signed up for two summer classes at St. Elizabeth's in Morristown instead of only one. The topics seem fluffy this summer. Actually, since Fr. Tony went to Fordham a couple of years ago, the topics and teachers have been mostly disappointing. The drive up there is murder, along 287. There's no other way to say it, even by Jersey standards, it's murder.

The classes are Fr. Boadt's survey of exilic prophets and Dr. Gonzalez on spirituality and prayer. As to the first choice, it's a no-brainer. If anyone of Fr. Boadt's caliber is on tap, I'm obligated. I took his class last year and he's great. The second class would be something new for me, spirituality and prayer. I keep telling my husband that I'm not a spiritual person.

Except for the drive up there (did I mention it's "murder"?), the sessions are not demanding. I am auditing, actually. Four weeknights a week for two weeks in July.

No comments: