Monday, April 10, 2006

Since last Wednesday afternoon, with few exceptions, I have carried my three-year-old wherever he needed going. He has been too weak to walk. He doesn't weigh much, 35 lbs. Actually, he's lost two pounds since Thursday. He weighs 33 lbs. now.

Last week, picking up his older brother at school, his preschool teacher walked out to the car to talk with him. Today at pick up, I brought him inside the school, yes, carrying him. His teacher was very happy to see him and he smiled big for her. She said she was thinking about him all day on Saturday but she had no idea what was happening with him. For a brief moment, she said that she allowed herself to consider the worst but quickly talked herself out of it. But she would have been right.

Parent - Teacher conferences are tomorrow afternoon. I tried to arrange a babysitter but with the public schools already out, my teenagers are out of town on vacation.

The three-year-old is so limp in my arms. He doesn't even control his head. I don't know whether he's just being lazy, loving the attention or has something seriously wrong.

No comments: