Monday, April 24, 2006


I tried this a couple of weeks ago from memory but it wasn't very accurate.

Here's a more faithful quotation:


Your lip's bleeding, George.

Yeah, I got a bust in the jaw in answer to a prayer a little bit ago.

Oh, no – no – no, George. I'm the answer to your prayer.

<...>

I wouldn't be a bit surprised. Well, you look about like the kind of an angel I'd get. Sort of a fallen angel, aren't you? What happened to your wings?

I haven't won my wings yet.

I don't know whether I like it very much being seen around with an angel without any wings.

Oh, I've got to earn them, and you'll help me, won't you?

Sure, sure. How?

By letting me help you.

Only one way you can help me. You don't happen to have eight thousand bucks on you?

Oh, no, no. We don't use money in Heaven.

Oh, that's right, I keep forgetting. Comes in pretty handy down here, bub.

Oh, tut, tut, tut.

I found it out a little late. I'm worth more dead than alive.

Now look, you mustn't talk like that. I won't get my wings with that attitude. You just don't know all that you've done. If it hadn't been for you...

Yeah, if it hadn't been for me, everybody'd be a lot better off. My wife, and my kids and my friends. Look, little fellow, go off and haunt somebody else, will you?

No, you don't understand. I've got my job...

Aw, shut up, will you.


http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/It's-a-Wonderful-Life.html

No comments: