Thursday, April 20, 2006

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you:

Buffalo nun who worked with ex-convicts found murdered from Catholic News Service

The article mentions Fr. Joe Bissonette who was murdered in 1987.

I remember this incident vaguely as I was a sophomore at SUNY Buffalo in Amherst.

I ran track and cross-country with a Bissonette, a relative, probably a nephew. It seems his name was Matt or Mark. He was a year ahead of me. One or two of his high school teammates were also on UB's squad. He had peer support from mature friendships. I remember him being quietly sad, probably in shock. I think he transferred to another school because I don't remember him much.

I think that the Bissonette name in the Buffalo / Amherst area is well-known, they're a hometown family.

No comments: