Friday, April 07, 2006

Once I was hired for no other reason than that I'm left-handed. The hiring manager was also left-handed. He told me that left-handed people are better problem solvers because they approach the world differently. Since his words applied to himself as much as to me, I took his flattery with a grain of salt. I may see the world differently but I don't think it makes me any better than others at anything.

Not that I do everything left-handed. There are degrees of left-handedness, if you don't know. Both of my parents were left-handed. How they got through Catholic school, I'll never know. My father was more left-handed than my mother to the point that he was nearly handicapped by it. Following after him, my younger brother was more left-handed than I, especially in sports.

When I started using computers in college, I kept the mouse on the right-hand side. It was easier to write notes with the left hand and mouse with the right. My husband and I share a computer downstairs; the mouse is on the right of the keyboard. But the mouse is conveniently wireless, and being a iMac mouse, "one button", so conceivably the mouse could be switched from side-to-side without any trouble. But I'm already set in my ways.

1 comment:

Roulette Online said...

I can speak much on this theme.