Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's like the 400 meters, you know, in that you don't hit the wall at 100 meters. You don't even hit the wall at 200 meters. But, in coming 'round that second bend, you hit it and hope there's something left to finish strong. But only if you've run it right, smart. Like a distance runner tackling the classic sprint.

Analogies aside, it's week three, approaching week four, and ... the wall is there.

But, I must say that, in all fairness, part-time graduate school coupled with working (nearly) full-time is more tiring than a new baby. The fatigue was chronic in those days ... and I was younger then!

Thursdays are particularly tough, in an ironic way: my housekeeper gives me a hand - which is great! - but, I can't nap while she's here. I mean, napping is complicated. Certainly I can sleep through anything ... but the kids can't.

No comments: