Thursday, January 11, 2007

When I first heard this story on WNBC's late news, I thought it occured near the county fairgrounds. And I was baffled as to how cars could be going fast enough in such a congested area to cause such damage.

But, looking at a map, I see that the accident took place in the wide-open section of the Kozloski Road Extension north of 537. That's easier to understand, although still a tragedy.

Not long ago, I avoided two speeding sports coupes on that road, neither of which had license plates. I guess they had to get to where they were going before the cops spotted them.

So, I imagine that the kids left school on Robertsville road on the northeastern outskirts of Freehold and drove along route 79 north towards Marlboro or along Dutch Lane Road to Kozloski.

How does a Cadillac CTS burst into flames after a crash? Does that mean that the boys were smoking? And what kind of a school vehicle is a Dodge Caravan? I wouldn't want my kids driving around in one of those.

No comments: