Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Small, yellow flags appeared in the front yard yesterday afternoon between the time that I came home from grocery shopping and when I drove over to school to pick up the boys.

I figured that the flags marked a utility, probably the gas line, a straight shot from the road to the front corner of the house. I told the kids that the flags are associated with our construction project and to not touch them.

I described the flags to Jeff and he speculated that it could be the cable company completing the laying of fiber through the neighborhood. He remembers the project starting at the far end of our street shortly after we moved in and stopping two-thirds of the way down the street. I remember them completing the project at a later date, actually.

When he arrived home, he confirmed that the flags are utility line markers.

Our general contractor called this morning about coming out and walking the property with his excavator. Jeff told him that the utility markers appeared yesterday and the contactor was impressed because he had called them yesterday.

There are so many construction projects around town. I watch their progress as I drive from here to there. This can't go fast enough for me.

No comments: