Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Life with TomTom

Kenny's CCD class resumed this evening.

He's the most vocal advocate of my new TomTom. He wants it on, calling out directions. Maybe because the grass is greener ... and the water bluer ... on its touchscreen than through the windshield. I'm sure his eyes are darting back and forth between the DVD player in the 2nd row and the TomTom screen on my dash.

I hadn't stored a route to the church hall because, well, like so many places, I already know how to get there. And I wasn't about to enter a route while driving, no matter how loudly Kenny begged.

But, after dropping Kenny off, I sat in the parking lot for a minute and stored the GPS location as a favorite. Then we nav'd home.

When it was time to get him, I called up the favorite and TomTom said that it had no route to the destination. Hmm, ok. And as I approached the church driveway, TomTom displayed nothing but lawn, that "greener" grass.

The church is almost ten years old, at its present location. I'll have to tinker with it, I guess, because I remember flipping through "points of interest" and finding the church in there.

No comments: