Tuesday, January 23, 2007

One gives paper on a first anniversary.

My son's first-grade class is studying Japan for international week this week.
He brought home information about cranes but said that his teacher doesn't know how to make 'em.

I do.

I used to show my CCD kids for many years ... many years ago. But it's like riding a bike. I made one last night rather automatically for the first time in six years.

So, I found my origami paper and printed some directions for his teacher.

But the best way to learn is to be shown. So, I'll ask his teacher if she wants me to show the class. It's very hard for young kids to do. I'll probably be doing it for them but I'm very fast at it, lots of experience, you know, so it's no problem.

Bottom line, kids just want a crane. They don't care so much about making it themselves.

No comments: