Sunday, January 07, 2007

I'll attempt to redeem my 666th post by blogging on a religious topic. How unusual ...

This article appeared in this week's diocesan newspaper. My name appears towards the end, listed alphabetically by surname.

The third column of copy is truncated; my scanner is too small to capture it all. If you read that much, I'm impressed. Oh, same goes for the left side: right up against the edge.

So, yeah, I followed through with the monthly training from last January.

I missed two sessions but made one up in August. And left early twice to take a son to an afternoon birthday party. I did some homework and field work.

My attendance record was not perfect and John wrote me that it would be better if I could make up the November session. I had skipped it because the prospect of sitting in a plastic chair for six hours did not appeal to me. Maybe I'll make it up this fall.

But, through the goodness of his heart, and he has a very good heart, John gave me a certificate of completion just the same. That, and $3 will get me a cup of coffee.

Office of Parish Life, Evangelization

No comments: