Thursday, January 11, 2007

Kenny's class size is down to nine students now after two left since the Christmas break. One of them is switching schools next year and has to repeat the first grade, so her parents see little reason to continue this year. Instead, they plan to travel for the remainder of the school year and through the summer. Her parents see this as a golden opportunity to educate their children in "real world" experiences. It sounds like an expensive plan.

The school that they are switching to held an open house on Saturday and I had planned to attend. Just to see what my kids are missing. I mean, there's not a chance that my kids would switch to that school, an hour away and twice as much in tuition. Besides, I think that the school is a little overrated.

Kenny told me that a new kid is starting soon. So, that's good news. Not that I mind small class size. But, at some point, small becomes too small.

No comments: