Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Dropped off my sons' tuition payment this morning. It's due by August 1st but I'm always paranoid about missing the deadline so I plan to drop it off a few days before.

I usually have misgivings about paying their tuition in full before the fall. Last year there was concern over whether Tim was quite ready. In the end, he did ok. This year there are plenty of reasons to be concerned, especially the administrative changes.

However the incentive for paying in full and early is 5% off each tuition, and I can forget about payments for the rest of the school year. It sounds like alot of money whether we pay it all at once or dole it out monthly, so there's no advantage between those options. I think that the kids' accounts have limited check-writing privileges, five checks a year or something, so the best I could do would be semi-annual which doesn't win me a discount.

What's done is done. For some reason my husband has always left this task to me.

No comments: