Wednesday, July 26, 2006

We spent a couple of hours at Sesame Place yesterday. It was the right amount of time. Tim wanted to do Elmo's Flying Fish and he wasn't tall enough to go alone, so I had to go with him. The wait in line was about 20-30 minutes which didn't bother Tim at all because he watched the ride and riders the entire time. It didn't bother me either. But the folks behind us were griping to each other. "What a rip-off this place is?! $47 to wait in line! Next time we're going to Disney! That's all there is to it. We could have this much fun at Point Pleasant!"

It just seemed to me as if they were comparing apples to oranges. I mean, Disney is a way different venue from Sesame Place. And Point Pleasant is different again. Ah, they're just crabs.

Riding the Flying Fish concerned me, not just because the warnings included "no expectant mothers". I'm over my dizzy spells but I get nauseous very easily. Fortunately, Tim is at that extreme age of three going on four, so he pegged the white "lift" button for the entire ride and we didn't fluctuate up and down at all. That might have been the saving grace to my surviving the ride without only a little, temporary dizziness and no nausea.

No comments: